I am a Norwegian-American collage artist based in Oslo, Norway. I am self taught and have been creating art for over twenty years. I have shown and sold my work at exhibitions and events in South Korea, Norway and the US. I studied English literature and Art history and later trained as a teacher. In addition to creating art and teaching, I also hold collage workshops on a regular basis.
I am heavily influenced by my travels and the countries I have lived in. Going to markets and antique shops when traveling always results in surprises that I later use in my use in my
work. I have found paper and fabric treasures in markets from Bejing to Charelston. Aged paper has a mysterious quality to it and when added to a composition with modern shapes and colors, it often evokes emotion. This emotional arena between old and new, meloncolic and joyful is where I feel most inspired.
My work often incorporates typographic elements. Words or phrases that come from my own musings on life. Sentiments that I hope resonate with others. There are some recurring themes that seem to keep showing themselves in the work I create. I seem to come back to ideas on resilience, feminism, intention and slow living.
I am often available for commission, special projects, and collaborations, so please get in touch.
Exhibit your work at our next pop-up exhibition in Asker!
Art of Wellbeing is an artist curated popup exhibition held in the Oslo area several times a year. Our mission is to promote emerging artists and create a platform for connections, inspiration and joy. We believe that art enriches life and that creating art spaces in society does not need to be difficult or unattainable. We want to provide art experiences for everyone interested.
Friday April 26, 2024 - Opening party 18.00 - 21.00
April 27 - May 3 10.00 - 18.00
Hasselbakken, Askerveien 47, 1384 Asker
We are very fortunate to have found this super central location in the middle of Asker center! Parking is easy and only a 5 minute walk from the center.
We will be offering a Workshop Program and will be especially interested in artists that would like to hold workshops.
What artists need to know
- We require a participation fee of 1,500 nok (MVA will be added in addition) - no extra costs or commission taken.
- We will host a lively vernissage on Friday April 26th. Snacks, drinks, good music! You should invite your network.
- We will promote the event actively in the weeks and days leading up to the event, but you will be expected to use your own network to promote the exhibition.
- You will be provided with promotional material you can print and use digitally to promote the exhibition.
- Payments, packaging and setup are your responsibility. We will provide enough time prior to the event for you to hang your work.
- Since this is an artist curated event, all artists participating will need to be in the exhibition space as much as they can. The curator team will be there as well.
- We are a well organized curator team who members are easily accessible for questions and guidance.
- Assistance with hanging your work.